Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Show in the Sky

Today, I watched a show.
I heard that a curtain of the show was raised in 46years in Japan.
The tittle of the show is "The Total Eclipse of the Sun".

To be exactly, The one I watched was not TOTAL but PARTIAL. A total eclipse of the sun couldn't be watched only around Amami ohshima island near Okinawa.
In Hyogo where I live, It rained yesterday. So, I thought I can't watch it.
But it was cloudy today. And it was lucky!
Maybe, if it was fine today, I think I couldn't take this picture.

Is that like a crescent?




「空の上のショー」

今日、僕はショーを見た。
日本では46年ぶりに、そのショーの幕が上がるって聞いた。
そのショーのタイトルは"皆既日食"。

正直なところ、僕が見たのは皆既日食じゃなくて、部分日蝕だ。皆既日食は沖縄の近くの、奄美大島付近でしか見ることが出来なかった。
僕の住む兵庫県では、昨日は雨が降ってたから、見れないと思ってたんだ。
でも今日は曇ってた。それがラッキーだった。
多分、今日晴れてたら、この写真は撮れなかったと思う。

三日月みたいだよね?

**If you like this post, please click this banner. にほんブログ村 英語ブログへ Thank you!**

10 comments:

Ripple said...

The weather finally cooled off on this side of the Pacific Ocean. I wonder if it's because of the eclipse.

Since you're interested in help with you English....here you go...your sentence would be more correct if it read
"To be exact, the one I watched was not TOTAL but PARTIAL."

the next sentence can be written two ways...
"A total eclipse of the sun couldn't be watched except only around Amami ohshima island near Okinawa".

or better yet...
"A total eclipse of the sun could only be watched around Amami ohshima island near Okinawa".

Colby said...

Wow! It was all over the news!

Yodi Insigne said...

Nice shot! That photo should have "The Eye" as its title. What do you think?

m18 said...

happy, 'cause i couldn't watch it.
thank you!!
next...after 26 years? i don't understand what i will do.

Kiwix said...

Nice photo!!
I saw it in my town Ishikawa too.
yea, I think we couldn't see that if it was good weather.

gb said...

This one is a bit tricky. You wrote, "It rained yesterday. So, I thought I can't watch it." In English those two sentences would actually be one. Also, you are talking about what will occur in the future. (Even though you are writing this after the eclipse, you are talking about your thoughts before the eclipse when it was raining.) There for it would be more natural to use the future form of the verb 'be'; which would make the sentence, "It rained yesterday, and I thought, "I won't be able to watch it"".

Also, "But it was cloudy today. And it was lucky!" are also one sentence and not two. Furthermore, it's you that was lucky, not the eclipse, so it would be better to say, "But it was cloudy today, and I was lucky!"

Kevin Reiner said...

So you got a full eclipse there in japan. In Indonesia, we got partial eclipse in the skies of Aceh, the western part of Indonesia.

Did you see it straight the eye? be careful!

Mark Shean said...

Very nice picture, and some very good advice to improve your English. Mark-

Raul e Joel Carvalho said...

hello,

view your blog and found it very interesting.
I am responsible for a blog of wine in Portugal and I would ask if he can not put the link on my site to your blog.

Link to my blog: http://do-nariz-a-boca.blogspot.com/

If you put send email to this address: pirusas.carvalho @ hotmail.com

AEZ said...

Thank you for all comments.

gb
You are a good teacher for me, thanks.